Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 22, 2014

Travel Beauty Essentials


Having just returned from a little getaway in Hong Kong and extremely pleased with the beauty products that I've brought along with me on this trip, I've decided to share a few things that I find to be essential and fell in love with again/first time during the trip.

1. Dr. Morita Mask*
Sheet Masks are definitely not new to this blog. However, whilst I've shared at length about MBD masks multiple times, I've yet to present my recent favorite - Dr. Morita Masks - here though I have been using it for quite some time now. Great for dehydrated trips (hello, flights!) and looking refreshed despite late nights exploring the hip and cool streets of Hong Kong.

2. Travel Size Primer*
I couldn't emphasize how important the primer was during my trip, especially with the weather in HK being hot and extremely humid all the time due to the typhoon season. Given that the Tarte Primer can be quite big to go into my only luggage (which is a carry on btw), I brought along the Bare Minerals Prime Time samples which I had received in one of my recent purchase from Sephora. Yet again, a product which took me by surprised, my makeup stayed on all day despite my constant battle with the extreme humidity, water dripping from air conditioners along walkways and occasional freak rain. Another product which I will be adding to my "To-Buy" list.

3. Travel Size BB Cream
My choice for this trip was the Origins Vitazing BB SPF 35 PA+++ Revitalizing Cream, mainly due to its size initially. This travel size sample came as a set along with the Origins Ginzing Eye Cream that I had purchased earlier this year. As much as I will always love my Dr. Jart Black/Silver Label BB Cream, I was pleasantly surprised by by how well the Origins Vitazing BB Cream blended, covered and stayed on my face throughout the humid weather in Hong Kong - especially since I've been very skeptical with western labeled BB creams. I'd say that this will definitely go into my next "To-Buy" list.

4. Lightweight Compact Powder
A pretty self-explanatory product. I brought along my trusted Maybelline Dream Matte Powder (Light) that comes along with a compact mirror and a makeup puff, easy for touch ups and amazing to keep my makeup on.

5. Multi-Tasking Palette
The only eyeshadow/liner that I've brought along with me was the Inglot Freedom Palette. To be very honest, this stuff is freaking awesome! The dimension of the palette fit perfectly into my makeup bag and not to mention, the color combo can be switched up depending on what you are feeling. I packed along my usual neutrals, along with a kick-ass brown shadow that multi-tasked as my liner (without a primer, I tend to apply the powder wet) and brow color. Amazing! I also used the lighter color for my face highlight on nights out.

6. Multi-Tasking Lip/Blush + Good Lip Balm (Essential for the Plane)
I'm not sure who else out there does this. But, when I'm trying to compress the products that I bring along with me, I'd always bring along a medium colored lipstick which I can double as a blush by using my finger tips. The choice for this trip was MAC Cosmo, my all time trusted day to night lip color. Best thing is, if you want to lighten the lip color for a day excursion type of look, just apply with a lighthand and use a napkin to blot your lips after application. Along with this, a lip balm of your choice (mine was the Caudalie Lip Balm as it doesn't melt at all as compared to my beloved Nivea ones) should always stay in the bag wherever you go. It is good for everything (read - chap lips, smudge eye makeup, dry elbows and dry cuticles)!  

7. Mascara
Mascara choices are always clear cut to me since I always bring along whatever that I am currently using. And, the current choice of product was the Heroine Makeup Mascara. Coupled with some lash curler, this stuff is amazing and creates the natural yet full lashes which I am a huge fan of. Also, if nights out 

8. Multi-Tasking Tools
The only tools which I've brought along with me are 3 brushes protected by brush guards, a lash curler and a tiny scissors. The brushes are pretty explanatory - Real Techniques Powder Brush for face powder, ELF Angled Brush for brow and liner and ELF Spoolie for my brows. The lash curler is from Muji and I absolutely love its compactness for travel. The tiny scissors are amazing for well, everything which requires cutting (incl. any annoying mid-night chips which I have problems opening).

So there you go, these are some of the beauty products which I deemed as essentials for this trip. As far as skin care,  hair care and body care goes, I also managed to contain everything into a zip lock bag for the airport security checks (yes, I did pack very light this time to save the check-in bag money for more Hong Kong milk tea). Do let me know if you are interested to take a peek into what I brought along with me for those categories!

xx

* I finished up the Dr. Morita face masks and the Bareminerals primer during the trip, so what you see in the photos are the eye masks that I'm currently using minus the primer sachets. 

2 comments:

  1. Great selection! I have been meaning to get a new mascara! would you recommend this one? I always see the brand in drugstores and have never picked it up. Maybe I will next time ^^ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! This is definitely something that you can look into if you like very black and volumized lashes. That being said, do beware that it's quite hard to remove it and an eye makeup remover will come in pretty handy. I'd also recommend Maybelline Falsies - it's a really great drugstore mascara at an affordable price.

      Hope that this helped! =)

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com