Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, September 27, 2014

My Week in Makeup #7


This week started off as a dreadful week by being back in office full force (say "Hi" to the post-holiday syndrome). Dragging myself out of the bed in the mornings were painful and in these desperate times, I tend to switch up my makeup routine every other day to introduce some adventure (reminding me of the good times via make up wise of course) in hope that I may eventually brighten my week.

To start off my routine, I apply my usual Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer which I'm trying to use up this year. My choice of base products for the week are NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Ceylan and Dr. Jart Black Label BB Cream. Speaking of which, both are products which I have never reviewed in length here even though I've been using them for ages. Concealers remain the same as my trustee MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30 and Bobbi Brown Corrector in light to medium peach.

Though I've been really enjoying MAC Soft Ochre as my everyday eye base, I decided to go with Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original and MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study as a change. The latter was a refreshing change to my corporate makeup, adding a slight glitter to my lids. Coupled with them was my Sleek Palette in Original that I finally whipped out after ages. My opinion still holds the same about the palette even after all these years - the fall outs still drive me nuts. While I loved the Heroine Makeup mascara on my trip, I switched back to the Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express as I was running out of the former. 

For setting powders, I varied between Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre and Guerlain Meteorites Perles in Teint Rose. Both give a softness to the skin instead of the matte finish that Maybelline Dream Matte Powder gives which I preferred during my holiday.

No makeup routine in my books will be completed without blushes. I must admit that I went a lil  bit blush crazy over the week. Going back and forth between the choices of MAC Blush in Tenderling (yeah to hitting pan!), NARS Blush in Orgasm and Too Faced Leopard Love. Switching between blushes is something that I often do especially when feeling demotivated and it just never fails to cheer me up.

Lipstick choices were limited to Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy and my all time favorite everyday lipcolor, MAC Modesty. The former works well on days when I want a bit of glossiness on my lips but I still favors the latter as my choice of lip color. And of course, my lip balm of choice lately has been the Caudalie Lip Conditioner which is totally amazing!

What are your go-to makeup products over the past week?

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com