Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, May 4, 2014

My Week in Makeup #5


At last, I feel that I am finally able to balance the schedule between work and beauty blogging. If you have noticed, I've been able to write more consistently in the past months as compared to last year. "Pat on my back" to checking off one of the items from my 2014 resolutions. 

For makeup this week, I’ve been using the combo of Tarte Poreless Perfecting Primer and L’Oreal Lucent Magique Foundation in N2 Pure Porcelain. The Tarte primer is pretty much a staple in my daily routine now and whilst I do find it to be a great primer, I’d say that I’m still on the lookout for the next best primer to try out.

As for the L’Oreal Lucent Magique Foundation, I have had this in my collection for awhile now but haven’t been reaching for it solely because I was pretty much obsessed with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. With high hopes for it being similar to that of Bourjois and Chanel Vitalumiere, I was pleasantly surprised with the sheer and light finish of the foundation and how moisturizing it felt on my skin. I would say that the coverage is even more sheer than Bourjois/Chanel but nonetheless build-able if you want a fuller coverage. However, I wasn’t too impressed with the scent of the foundation which reminded me of those nasty paints. The longevity of the foundation is also pretty crappy and on an average work day, the foundation only lasted for about 3-4 hours leaving my skin looking pretty much foundation-less by the end of day. Overall, I’m not impressed.

Since foundation was sheer, I relied on my trustee MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30 for the extra cover up on any remaining spots. To ensure that I looked fresh at work throughout the day, I have also been using the Innisfree Mineral Melting BB Cushion in Shade 03 as my touch up of choice. 

Brows wise, I stuck to my beloved ELF Brow Kit in Dark to perk up daily look.  I switched out my Inglot palette and went with the combo of MAC Bare Study Paint Pot coupled with Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in #90 for a classic thin cat eye look for the week topped with Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara. To finish up the look, I’ve been loving the Guerlain Meteorite Perles 01 Teint Rose to give me the glowy and healthyh skin. As for blush, without much introduction, MAC Immortal Flower has been my goto cheek color for the week.

For lips, I’m still sticking to my Nivea Lip Balm to moisturize my lips before applying MAC Modesty or MAC Cosmo depending on whether to amp up the look for the day.   

What are your go-to products for the week?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com