Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Battle of the Make-Up Wipes: Neutrogena vs. Simple


I've been pretty obsessed with make up wipes lately. I'd totally attribute this to stumbling across the Neutrogena Make Up Remover Cleaning Towelettes while on vacation in Sydney earlier this year.


To be very honest, I've always been skeptical with them as all the wipes I've tried so far either dries up after couple of use, doesn't remove my make up fully or thugs on my skin when I try to use them. However, post trying out the Neutrogena Make Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes, my impression of them totally changed. Not only are they soft, equally moistened, didn't dry up, most of all, they remove my make up effortlessly! Post this discovery, I finally understood the convenience of make up wipes especially coming home after a long day at work when I just want to get my make up off fast and hassle free. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Bioderma Cleansing Water. However, I also really really really enjoyed the convenience of the make up wipse. They are perfect also to bring around for gym and yoga since they pack light and slim in my gym bag. 


After the great success, I decided to explore other make up removing wipes in the market. My hunting ground is of course the good ole' Watsons. Sad to say, the exact Neutrogena wipe that I loved is not available in Singapore/Malaysia (totally regretting that I did not purchase backups while in Sydney). Instead, I went ahead with its same brand sister - Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Make Up Remover Cleansing Wipes - even though from my distant memory, it was probably the wipe that started my dislike for make up wipes. True enough, the version available in Singapore/Malaysia was a total failure for me. The towelettes were not soft nor moist enough, leaving me tugging my skin all the time when trying to remove make up. The formula were also not able to completely remove my make up without a follow up with my Bioderma. Worst of all, while trying to remove my eye makeup, the formula totally stung my eye (Ewwww!!).


Being the usual persistent beauty explorer, I decided to try out the remaining brands/types of make up wipes available in the market. Simple was my next experiment subject. Among the few types available under Simple, I went ahead with the Simple Spotless Skin Quick Fix Cleansing Wipes. It claims to be able to remove make up traces and impurities that can cause spots and blemishes. Since I've never really had much problems with spots nor blemishes, the "Spotless" part of the product benefit was not quite relevant to me. The word that really pulled me into purchasing was "Quick Fix" = removing make up fast, totally my alley! After trying this consistently for a few weeks now, I am happy to report that this is almost equivalent to my beloved Neutrogena Make Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes (the blue packaging). Whilst not as moist and fast cleansing, the Simple Spotless Skin wipes are soft, moist enough and gentle in removing make up from my face. I also really enjoyed that the formula is gentle in removing eye make up. However, I did find that for heavier eye make up (read waterproof everything..), it did take longer to completely remove my eye make up.

Here's a summary of my Make Up Wipes experiment so far and I rank them in terms of effectiveness,

1. Neutrogena Make Up Remover Cleaning Towelettes (25 Towelettes) - AU$ 7.99
2. Simple Spotless Skin Quick Fix Cleansing Wipes (25 Towelettes) - S$ 13.90
3. Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Make Up Remover Cleansing Wipes (25 Towelettes) - S$13.90

What is your favorite/go-to Make Up Removing Wipes?

xx

4 comments:

  1. i finally got my hands on the simple wipes.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did... :)

      Delete
  2. i have only tried SIMPLE among the brand that you mentioned above. asides that I have tried the biore wipes as well as the NIVEA wipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be in love with the Biore wipes...they work pretty well but too bad they dry up faster than the other brands I've tried...

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com