Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 2, 2013

Swatches & Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze


I have to confessed that I have jumped on the bandwagon of Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow craze in Singapore and Malaysia. 

Some may say that this is a cheaper version of MAC's paint pots while others may say that it is akin to the NYX Jumbo Pencil albeit in a pot form. Since I happened to own a couple of colors in the collection, I thought I would do a quick swatch of the product, as well as share some of my thoughts on them. 

The first color that I'm swatching is Bad to the Bronze. I believe this is one of the more popular colors locally as well as abroad. This is unsurprising as Bad to the Bronze is a beautiful bronze shade with a soft metallic sheen. The texture of the product is smooth and pretty easy to work with and as far as it's name suggests, it lasts pretty long on the lid and works relatively well as a base to intensified a smokey eye. 


The product is packed in a glass packaging with a plastic screw cap. I think that the packaging is comparable to that of MAC and I actually prefer Maybelline's packaging since its flatter and easier to store. Each package comes packed with 14 oz/4 g of product which could potentially last for a pretty long time. 

Quite a few friends had asked me about how I'd compare this to the MAC paint pot or the NYX Jumbo Pencil, I would say that this is closer to the latter. In terms of how the texture felt, I do think that the Maybelline Color Tattoo tends to be less smooth and seems to have the tendency to dry up slightly as compared to my oldie but goodie MAC paint pot. However, this product definitely ranks above NYX Jumbo Pencil as it is more pigmented and long lasting. In terms of dupe, I think that NYX Jumbo Pencil in Iced Mocha is really similar to Bad to the Bronze, with Bad to the Bronze having a more true bronze shade.  


Whilst it's not comparable to MAC's paint pot, I'd say that this is still a good buy considering that the price is less than half of what a MAC paint pot would cost. 

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow retails at S$15.90 and can be found in all major drugstores. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com