Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Review: Bioderma Hydrabio Exfoliating Cream

After much procrastination, I'm finally posting up this long overdue review on Bioderma Hydrabio Exfoliating Cream.

I'm sure there's no need for much introduction to Bioderma, as most of you would have already be quite familiar with this much acclaimed French skincare line. YES! that's the one which came to fame in the beauty blogging world via its amazing Sensibio H2O Makeup Remover.

Like most, I was drawn to the products due to the rave reviews by so many youtubers and beauty bloggers - I have not heard any bad reviews on Bioderma yet, frigging unbelieveble right? However, I must saay that like the 99%, my decision to jump on the bandwagon was on the money. ;)



Bioderma is essentially a dermatologist brand designed for sensitive skin. It is created by a French laboratory and owns different skincare ranges under the same brand. It is also claimed to be one of the most prescribe brand by French dermatologists. And like all of its range, the Hydrabio line is specifically catered for dehydrated and sensitive skin. 

Contrary to any exfoliater that I've ever used, the Hydrabio Exfoliating Cream claims to be able to provide gentle and moisturising exfoliation. Gentle is pretty much what many exfoliating products claim to do, but hydrating and moisturising is definitely one of the very first I've encountered, at least for drugstore brands. Here are some claims from their official website:
  • The patented Aquagenium® biological complex stimulates the skin’s cellular capabilities, re-training it to generate in depth, and to lock in on the surface, the moisture essential for its balance.
  • Cleansed and hydrated in depth with Hydrabio Exfoliating cream, the skin regains its comfort, softness and radiance, and derives full benefit from the hydration* procured by the Hydrabio skin care range.
  • Non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic, Hydrabio Exfoliating cream respects the dehydrated skin’s sensitivity and guarantees excellent tolerance.
With such amazing claims, one must wonder whether does the product really works as well. Honestly speaking, I do not have sensitive skin so I'm not sure how this will work on sensitive skin. However, one thing that I can be sure of is that contrary to any face exfoliation products I've used before, this is one of the gentlest and non-moisture stripping face exfoliation product ever. 

 
The product is lightly scented and the texture is creamy which is different from most exfoliater I've tried which are watery.  There are some microbeads in the cream and it's very well blended together with the cream to provide gentle exfoliation. A little of this product goes a really long way as it lathers really well on the surface of my skin. After each exfoliation, I find that my skin feels alot smoother, brighter and has no slightest hint of tightness (something that is common for harsh exfoliater). 


After Exfoliation with Bioderma Hydrabio Exfoliating Cream

The method of use is very simple where you only need to squeeze a tiny bit onto your palm and gently massage it onto a slightly damped face in circular movements, avoiding the eye contour area. 

I use this product once to twice a week and it works really well in removing the dirts and dead skin from the surface of my skin. This is something that I totally recommend especially for those who apply makeup on a daily basis as most of the time products tend to clog our pores even with daily cleansing. 

I would say that this is definitely one of the best drugstore face exfoliater which I've tried so far and I can foresee that it will be a mainstay in my skincare routine.

Have you tried any Bioderma products?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com